Select to view content in your preferred language

Extra column automatically added when using Import Incidents from Task Scheduler

Jump to solution
07-30-2022 05:03 AM
RobertStanionis
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a 5 step process that I use in Arc Pro to update crime data in Arc Online to a Feature Layer. This has been running properly for several months until I had to make some changes in the SQL.

My process looks like this... 

From a query layer I get new data by selecting "Display X/Y" to CrimeDataExport layer in pro.

Then I use "Join Attributes from Polygon" 3 times to add 3 columns to the CrimeDataExport layer. Neighborhood, NPU, and City Council district.

RobertStanionis_0-1659182006363.png

All three only take a few seconds in Arc Pro. Once they are done I run "Import Incident" and it updates the online feature correctly. No matter how many times I run this in Arc Pro it works correctly.

Starting from Display X/Y down to the Import Incidents I create an individual scheduled task and give each a 5 minute buffer before running the next step. The problem is with the second step, Join Attributes from Poly when adding the Neighborhood column. The task will run forever if I let it. The other Joins run for about 30-45 seconds. 

For some reason every time I run the Join for the neighborhood it adds an extra column only to the online feature. The local crime data layer does not get these extra columns.

RobertStanionis_1-1659182421134.png

Does anyone have an idea why this would be happening?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertStanionis
New Contributor II

I believe I have solved my problem.

The local layer and the web feature layer used the same name CrimeDataExport. I assumed that when I ran the join poly for neighborhood it would always try to update the web feature layer instead of the local layer. No matter which I selected. So... I changed the local layer name to CrimeDataExportLocal and everything seems to be working fine. So far, it has successfully run 3 automated updates without a problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertStanionis
New Contributor II

And now the scheduled tasks are reverting back to UTC time. UGH

0 Kudos
RobertStanionis
New Contributor II

I believe I have solved my problem.

The local layer and the web feature layer used the same name CrimeDataExport. I assumed that when I ran the join poly for neighborhood it would always try to update the web feature layer instead of the local layer. No matter which I selected. So... I changed the local layer name to CrimeDataExportLocal and everything seems to be working fine. So far, it has successfully run 3 automated updates without a problem.

0 Kudos