Exporting Data to Excel from Survey123

Jump to solution
05-31-2021 05:57 AM
CaitrionaCorr
New Contributor

Hi All, I am having problems exporting my data to excel:

I receive this message when I try to export data:  
"The Export feature cannot work since extract capability is missing in the underlying feature service."

Can someone help me with this or is it just down to privileges within my organisation? I am a research student and there may not much experience with using Survey123 yet!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

Click the settings button for the feature in ArcGIS Online and check if Export data is enabled

SarahHartholt_1-1622481346512.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
SarahHartholt

Click the settings button for the feature in ArcGIS Online and check if Export data is enabled

SarahHartholt_1-1622481346512.png

0 Kudos
CaitrionaCorr
New Contributor
Thank you very much, that worked perfectly
0 Kudos
DrJumaKhudonazarov
Occasional Contributor II

Where the tab Export Data?

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt

click on the feature layer in ArcGIS Online. By default, you will see the Overview page. You can find the Export Data information at the bottom of the Settings page. 

SarahHartholt_0-1636731790692.png

DrJumaKhudonazarov

Sorry Sarah it is not there??  I mean I cant find the feature layer  and Export Data on the bottom of Settings

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt

You have to access the feature layer that is created from your survey from the content page in arcgisonline.com. Not from the survey 123 website.

0 Kudos
DrJumaKhudonazarov

Yes, that is correct  I have done that but can't find the feature layer.....

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt

It will be inside of a folder named something like Survey - TheNameOfYourSurvey.

Your best bet is to find a YouTube videos or esri learning resources about Survey123 & ArcGIS Online as this is quite basic information.

0 Kudos
DrJumaKhudonazarov

Mhh thanks I have used it for a long time  survey 123 and this is not the basic, no information in any 47 YouTube video

0 Kudos