Export to CSV from ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
01-27-2015 02:15 PM
GeoffreyWest
Occasional Contributor III

I have added a feature service to my content, however the edit properties fields do not appear where I am able to select if users are able to export the data.  What could be the issue? I am following this documentation.

http://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/share-maps/use-hosted-layers.htm#GUID-074D6BFF-60C4-43B6-822F...

As the organization administrator I add a feature service ---> edit ---> properties, there are no properties available to export individual layers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor

Hi Geoffrey,

The key concept in the document you referenced is "Working with Hosted Layers." Hosted meaning published to ArcGIS Online. If you just added an ArcGIS Server service as an item to your to your content, This won't give you the ability to modify editing permissions or export data from the item description page, you need a hosted web layer for those capabilities:

About hosted web layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

-Thanks,

-Dan

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor

Hi Geoffrey,

The key concept in the document you referenced is "Working with Hosted Layers." Hosted meaning published to ArcGIS Online. If you just added an ArcGIS Server service as an item to your to your content, This won't give you the ability to modify editing permissions or export data from the item description page, you need a hosted web layer for those capabilities:

About hosted web layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

-Thanks,

-Dan