Existing web map layers are not responding and cannot be added to map in Chrome

Jump to solution
08-22-2016 11:34 AM
ScottKiley
Occasional Contributor II

For the last few weeks I have noticed a problem in Chrome when opening existing web maps. Some layers are "not responding" when loading the map and ultimately "cannot be added to the map." I've cleared the browser cache in Chrome, but it doesn't help.

If I load the web maps in Internet Explorer or Firefox, all layers load fine. Even stranger is that all layers load fine in apps that use the web maps in question when opened in Chrome. So the problem seems to be only when opening the web map in the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer in Chrome.

Layer Not Responding MessageLayer Cannot be Added To Map Message

13 Replies
AnthonyWhaleyUSFS
New Contributor II

Is there a known BUG for newer versions of Chrome? I have a user who cannot view several layers in a web map in Chrome, but can in the new Edge (haven't tried other browsers). They have duplicate layers as well that relates to BUG-000098445. I'm hoping someone else is still having this issue?

valmok
by
New Contributor II

Yes I have the same problem. Edge also doesn't open the web map. 

GISLearner
New Contributor III

I'm also facing the same problem and cannot open the web map on any browser. Curious if you found out why and how did you solve the problem?

JulietK
Occasional Contributor II

I am also having this issue, on Chrome Version 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit). Any info on solutions would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos