Select to view content in your preferred language

Error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION when using AGOL Map Viewer

a week ago
JosephZebrowski
New Contributor II

I have recently started receiving the following error in my browser when I load a layer into an AGOL map viewer or perform some sort of other action:

Error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

This happens regardless of the browser I am using and on different computers. It also happens when I am not logged into an AGOL account. I only have this issue with the current Map Viewer. Everything works fine in the Map Viewer Classic. I also recently noticed that maps occasionally do not load in the current map viewer, but do load in the map viewer classic. I have tried disabling extensions and clearing the cache in the browser with no luck.

Tags (3)
19 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We have an issue logged and its due to a recent chrome/edge update that you will see when using the item browser in certain apps. You can track the issue here BUG-000168462. 

PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

@RussRoberts we have a user in our ArcGIS Online organization reporting this error occurs now whenever they try to open the Groups tab in Chrome/Edge. Is this likely another manifestation of the same bug?

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup can be seen across the groups and gallery page as well.

DavidDecker
New Contributor

Have we seen any notice of an ETA for resolution?

I am having the same issue regarding the Error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION when attempting access Groups tab for multiple browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox).  

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We are planning on rolling out an update tonight to ArcGIS Online that should resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
MT_JenAmes
New Contributor III

@RussRoberts I'm getting this error message trying to edit an Instant App. I am also using this same map in an EB app and a Dashboard, but the Instant App version is the only one throwing this error. Is this potentially the same bug?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup this is related to a recent chromium update.  This will also be planned to be fixed with our release tonight. 

0 Kudos
AleMardones
New Contributor

I get the same error when I try to edit an Instant App or add a layer to a Web Map. 

0 Kudos
cdevault_pickett
New Contributor III

I have one user reporting this with ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2, curious to see if anyone else has had this issue with Enterprise.