Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 504 when attempting to save Web Map

04-21-2023 09:54 AM
AbigailEbelherr
New Contributor III
I was attempting to make a copy of my Web Map by using "Save As" to create a second version.  It gave me a 504 error when I tried.  I get the same error now every time I attempt to save changes in the map:

Unable to add layer NWIL Asset Map

This map was working fine the first week with all the layers I currently have on it.  It only stopped allowing me to make updates after I attempted to use the "Save As" function earlier this week.

I have tried both Google Chrome and Edge browsers, and I had my co-worker on his computer try to save it, as well.  The same error occurs each time.  Here is the map for anyone who would like to try, themselves:

Edit:  Playing around with it a bit more, the issue is with the Municipalities and Counties layers.  If I delete those layers, I can save and copy the map as much as I want.  I can then add those layers back and save just fine, but after I save a few more times or if I try to do a "Save As," I get the error again.  So I delete them, re-add, and the cycle happens over again.  I'm not sure what is wrong with just those layers.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Corey_M
Esri Contributor

Hi @AbigailEbelherr 

Can you please confirm if this issue occurs in the Classic Map Viewer? or is it isolated to the Map Viewer?

If you create a new web map instead of a copy of the problem web map does this issue still present itself?

If you take a copy or republish the layers in question does the same issue occur?

It may be useful to have a look at the developer tools for errors when this issue occurs in the console and network tab in an attempt to gain more information on what is causing this issue. 

Thanks, 

Corey

0 Kudos