Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 001270 while publishing map service

05-16-2013 09:30 AM
WillSchulte
Emerging Contributor
I'm trying to publish an mxd as a mapping service onto ArcGIS Online and keep getting Error 001270: Consolidating the data failed.  The mxd contains only a raster dataset.  I want to use the imagery contained in the raster as a basemap in ArcGIS online.  I looked up the error in the ArcGIS resource center and tried to shorten all the path names, like it suggested but I get the same error.  I also tried publishing it from a geodatabase and from a folder, with no success.

Is there a different method for publishing imagery to use as a basemap in ArcGIS online I should be using?  Thanks for any insight and help.

Will
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor
Hi Will,

Can you tell me more about the mxd and raster data you are trying to publish to ArcGIS Online?

What type of raster is it?
How big is it?
What parameters have you set for the hosted service?
If you run the Consolidate Map GP tool from Data Management Tools.tbx > Package, does it successfully consolidate the mxd and the data?

Thanks,
Joanne
0 Kudos
WillSchulte
Emerging Contributor
Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your response. 
The raster is a .ECW and is 4.6 GB.  The service editor warned me that the .ecw might experience performance issues, but in the preview it seemed ok.
All of the options in the parameters tab were greyed out in the service editor so I left them as such:
      Anti aliasing - best
      Text anti aliasing - force
      Maximum number of records returned by the server - 1000

I ran the Package tool in the Data Management toolbox and it was able to successfully consolidate. 

Thanks again for you help.

Will
0 Kudos
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor
Sorry for the delay in my reply Will. Which Package tool did you use - Map or Layer?
Are you able to create a map package using the same mxd?
Did you unpack the package? If so, was all the data there? Does it draw correctly?
0 Kudos
WillSchulte
Emerging Contributor
Well I actually figured out that particular problem.  It turned out that the drive I was using as the staging folder to publish the service had low disk space.  Once I changed the staging folder into a drive with more memory, I was able to publish the imagery and load it into a map in ArcGIS Online. 

Thanks for your responses though!

Will
0 Kudos