Select to view content in your preferred language

Enabling Attachments

Jump to solution
03-08-2022 08:01 AM
AmandaBeck
Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

I am trying to get a web map ready to use in the Attachment Viewer application. However, it says there are no attachments. I have the enable attachments toggled on in the feature service. I am using the new map viewer to create my web map. 

Thoughts? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

So, if your feature has attachments, you can check the data tab of the Item Details page to see if they're there. 

Katherine_Clark_0-1646756644013.png

If you just have a text field in the table with a URL to an image, that's not the same as an attachment. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Silly question, but...just because attachments are enabled doesn't necessarily mean there are any attached to the feature. Are you sure there are actually attachments added to the layer?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
AmandaBeck
Regular Contributor

How do I make sure that there are attachments attached to the feature. As of right now, I have a field in the data table with a link to an image. I want to use that image as the attachment for use in the Attachment Viewer application. 

This is my first time using the Attachment Viewer application, hence the amateur questions. I apologize for that but do appreciate the help!

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

So, if your feature has attachments, you can check the data tab of the Item Details page to see if they're there. 

Katherine_Clark_0-1646756644013.png

If you just have a text field in the table with a URL to an image, that's not the same as an attachment. 

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
AmandaBeck
Regular Contributor

Thanks @Katie_Clark 

0 Kudos
ChrisJensen
Regular Contributor

Katherine, 

To confirm what you are saying,  the attachment has to be stored with the feature in order to be used in Enterprise or AGOL?  A file path attachment does not qualify even though the folder is a registered data store  and the file path is recognized as an attachment in arcgis pro?

0 Kudos