Edits saving for one point layer in a feature service, but not another point layer in same feature service.

01-30-2020 10:57 AM
TimFlynn
New Contributor III

I created a file geodatabase containing two point layers.  One layer has 7 related tables, the other has 3.  Both layers were created from a table that I geocoded.  The related tables are updated using Survey123.  The point layer with only 3 related tables works flawlessly.  The other point layer, I cannot get my edits to stick.  When I move a point, it moves, I turn off the edit function (in web map viewer the edit button, in web app builder the edit widget) then pan or zoom and the point reverts to it's original location and any attribute changes are gone.  

Both of these point layers are identical other than a few attribute fields.  I parsed through the JSON of each layer and everything looks exactly the same other than sections pertaining to attribute fields.  I've read about running Fiddler, but unfortunately I am not able to use such tools in my work environment.  

Things I've checked/tried:

Layers do not have M or Z values and they're not enabled.

I reprojected the layers into Web Mercator to match ESRI's base maps.  This didn't fix the problem but did make the points draw much faster!

Uploaded the FGDB again with a different name to see if it was just that instance, still the same problem.

Looked through the JSON for each layer and the overall feature service.

"allowGeometryUpdates" : true,    "units" : "esriMeters",    "supportsAppend" : true,    "supportsSharedDomains" : true,    "size" : 958464,    "syncEnabled" : true,    "syncCapabilities" : {     "supportsAsync" : true,      "supportsRegisteringExistingData" : true,      "supportsSyncDirectionControl" : true,      "supportsPerLayerSync" : true,      "supportsPerReplicaSync" : true,      "supportsSyncModelNone" : true,      "supportsRollbackOnFailure" : true,      "supportsAttachmentsSyncDirection" : true   },    "supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds" : true,    "supportsReturnDeleteResults" : true,    "editorTrackingInfo" : {     "enableEditorTracking" : true,      "enableOwnershipAccessControl" : false,      "allowOthersToQuery" : true,      "allowOthersToUpdate" : true,      "allowOthersToDelete" : true,      "allowAnonymousToQuery" : true,      "allowAnonymousToUpdate" : true,      "allowAnonymousToDelete" : true

I'm just not sure what to check or try at this point.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimFlynn
New Contributor III

I noticed that the extent for the layer that won't save looks like this:

Extent:

XMin: -9089747.79845543

YMin: -1E-06

XMax: 1E-06

YMax: 3346674.07999281

Spatial Reference: 102100

I've tried editing the extent to match the other layer, but to no avail.  The other layer's extent looks like:

Extent:

XMin: -9089745.07476232

YMin: 3293618.90206888

XMax: -9016714.7991946

YMax: 3346495.37368188

Spatial Reference: 102100

I also realized that one of the points in the layer has a null geometry, so I fixed that.  But it still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
TimFlynn
New Contributor III

I ended up reuploading the feature service through ArcPro and the new service has the correct extent.

My original issue editing ended up having to do with having "<Null>" copy and pasted into the attribute table.  Whoops!  That's what happens when you're more concerned with everything looking consistent instead of actually being consistent!

0 Kudos