Select to view content in your preferred language

EDITS ON FEATURE SERVICE WON'T SAVE

08-04-2014 10:20 AM
ChuckKha
Deactivated User

Hey,

I am having a problem with the feature service that I uploaded and I can't figure out how to resolve it. The changes that I made to it won't save for some reason:

- I added a feature polygon and when I change the zoom setting, it disappeared.

The only change that seems to save sometimes (not all the times) is when I change the attribute data of a feature that is already on the map.

Anyone else having this issue?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulStephenson
Frequent Contributor

This thread contained some similar issues. Check the null values part - that seems to be a common cause.

0 Kudos
ChuckKha
Deactivated User

Hey Paul,

I actually already resolved this issue. The problem that I was having didn't really have to do with having null values in my data. I had all my data set to allow null values. So, that was not the problem.

The problem was with the naming convention of the layers in the table of contents in arcmap. Since I had multiple things that had the same name, feature templates were not being correctly created for them. Thus, when I uploaded them, they had no feature template. So, any edits made will not be saved.

I fixed it loading my feature service onto the map viewer in AGOL and setting a feature template to each of the layers that I uploaded. After that, everything ran fine.

0 Kudos
PaulStephenson
Frequent Contributor

Glad you figured it out - Thanks for sharing!

0 Kudos