Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing with AppBuilder

11-21-2014 11:17 AM
LisaHuggins
New Contributor III

I am using the web appBuilder for ArcGIS to create an application for reporting lights that are out on campus.  I added an edit widget and have the layer editable but it seems I only can edit existing points in the service.  I can't seem to add a new point.

https://unc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=a53718fbbf5847089c41ea0394640105

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lisa,

If this is a hosted feature service, navigate to it in ArcGIS Online and click 'Edit'.  Within this dialog, make sure you have 'Add, update, and delete features' checked.

screen1.png

0 Kudos
LisaHuggins
New Contributor III

Yes, that is checked on.  I can also add points in the arcgis.com web map, just not the application. thanks for the input!

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Can you send the URL to the web map?

0 Kudos
LisaHuggins
New Contributor III

The template in the editor does not have the 4 symbols that I have set up in the map.  Screenshot below shows that the template is empty in the application.Untitled.jpg

In the web map, the values are all there and I can pick one and add it to the map

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
LisaHuggins
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Hi Lisa,

This problem seems to be due to the symbology.  If you change the symbology to 'A Single Symbol', the application works correctly.  I also tried using the web map with the basic 'Edit' app, and reproduced the same behavior.  I would recommend logging a tech support incident so this bug is logged.

LisaHuggins
New Contributor III

Thanks for the extra testing and follow up.  I will be content with a single symbol for the moment and log the bug.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
FrankVignati
Occasional Contributor II

Was an enhancement ever submitted for this? The same issue is occurring in our web apps/maps; if the symbology is based on an attribute point features can not be moved and vertices on line features can not  be edited.

0 Kudos
MichaelMaddison1
New Contributor

Hi,

I seem to be having a similar problem.

When I build a map with the Types option selected I see all my types in the edit and legend windows.

In the AppBuilder they don't show up.

Following your link in the first post it seems you have resolved your issue?

Is there a workaround or fix posted somewhere?

edit.png

0 Kudos