Editing pop-up vs Feature pop-up

01-04-2017 11:58 AM
AshleyPeters
Occasional Contributor III

I have a feature service created that is set for the public to make new features in. I want the public at large to only see a popup showing 2 of 6 fields (feature pop-up), but I want anyone editing to see and be able to input data into all 6 fields (editing pop-up). This doesn't seem to be an option with the way pop-ups are currently set up, as unchecking display affects what is visible to the editor. Is there a workaround available?

Thanks in advance.

Ashley

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

As of the December release you can create a new type of hosted feature layer called hosted feature layer views. Views allow you to apply different editor settings, symbolize features differently, or share the data to different groups than the hosted feature layer. 

You can change the pop-up configuration on the view and share the view to the public without editing privileges. With this set-up you can keep the editable hosted feature layer shared internally with your organization while still exposing the most current data to the public via the view.

Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
AshleyPeters
Occasional Contributor III

Katie,

Thanks for the information. Right now, the feature service I am using is from my Server, and I'd prefer to keep that setup if at all possible. I have the editing permissions set up the way I want, it's just that the popup isn't working in the way I expected/hoped.

Ashley

0 Kudos