Edit Widget in WebApp Builder does not work

Jump to solution
04-10-2015 06:24 AM
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

I have a question regarding Edit Widget Edit widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS in WebApp Builder. I tried to add to my application an editable layer (point shapefile). I tried to do this on several ways (including creating a new map with editable layer). However, Edit Widget still does not work, it's showing me that I do not have any editable layer in my application. Does anyone know what can be wrong in my application, or with my data? I have organization account with publisher privileges. Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Karolina,

You would have to make the layer in the web map editable and then re-add it to your WAB project.  I just tested this and I could see the same message that you are seeing displayed.

Regards,

Tom

View solution in original post

9 Replies
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Karolina,

Is it possible that you have disable the editing for that layer in your web map?

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Karolina,

You would have to make the layer in the web map editable and then re-add it to your WAB project.  I just tested this and I could see the same message that you are seeing displayed.

Regards,

Tom

KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

Dear Tom,

Thanks for your answer. I changed the editing options in my layer properties and now it works.

Best regards,

Karolina

0 Kudos
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Karolina,

Excellent!  I am very glad that resolved your problem!

Best Regards,

Tom

KeithHastings
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the WebApp Builder to recognise an editable layer.

I have added the Notes layer into the map from an ESRI REST service (with Feature Access on). In a Flex viewer I can add an Edit widget successfully and edit this service, but if I try it in the WAB it just says there are no editable layers.

Here's what it looks like in the Map. I can't find any enable/disable editing options in the menu.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Keith

0 Kudos
KeithHastings
New Contributor III

Further note to the above:

The ESRI REST service is a secure service that I have to provide a login for. Does this affect it?

cheers

Keith

0 Kudos
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

​Keith,

Are you certain that you have added the feature service to your web map and not the map service?  Only the feature service will have the ability to do editing. The map service will not.

Regards,

Tom

KeithHastings
New Contributor III

You're right Tom, I hadn't. The Flex app allowed me to just add in the map service, and obviously took care of the rest behind the scenes, so that was my mistake.

One slight negative about the Feature Services are that they don't retain my grouped/nested layer structure (unless I haven't figured that out yet of course), but other than that, its all good.

Thanks Tom.

cheers

Keith

0 Kudos
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Keith,

Excellent!  Glad that solved your problem.  I do miss Flex.  It was a really great way to do development for me.  It definitely made coding and debugging projects very easy.  I am getting much better with JavaScript though.

Best Regards,

Tom