Select to view content in your preferred language

Edit Expression without re-setting symbology in AGOL

Jump to solution
08-28-2020 02:49 PM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Regular Contributor

I'd like to make a small change to a symbology expression in AGOL webmap WITHOUT losing my currently defined symbology.  Even going into the expression and just removing a commented line re-sets the symbology, losing all my prior symbol customizations.  I could understand this if the edits changed the unique values, but that isn't the case.

Is there any way to edit the Expression with having to re-do all my symbolization changes?

Jay
Washoe County GIS
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can access the Arcade expression through the ArcGIS Online Assistant by selecting the option "I want to View an Item's JSON". Under the Data section, look for the valueExpression for each layer. Click the pencil icon to edit the expression and save it. When you reload your map, it should show the results of the new expression without changing the legend.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can access the Arcade expression through the ArcGIS Online Assistant by selecting the option "I want to View an Item's JSON". Under the Data section, look for the valueExpression for each layer. Click the pencil icon to edit the expression and save it. When you reload your map, it should show the results of the new expression without changing the legend.

0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Regular Contributor

Super awesome - thanks Ken!

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos