Edit a published item to add authentication

3 weeks ago
J_Dan
by
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I've built up a whole Experience app with data layers from ArcGIS Server web services that I imported into ArcGIS Online. Since all these web services were publicly shared on my server at first, everything was imported into AGOL without any credential needed.

Eventually I had to secure these web services and edit permissions so that only authenticated users could access them. This results in a window prompting for user's credentials when opening the Experience app, which was expected.

My question is: is there a way to edit an item, which is already published in AGOL, to add and save credentials and avoid being asked for them each time we open the app? I have an up and running viewer account on my ArcGIS Server which can serve that purpose.

Or do I have to import each item once again to be able to save these credentials at the same time? This would mean having to rebuild the app and its components which would take a lot of time, I would appreciate not to do that as much as possible.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
J_Dan
by
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm just upping this, does anybody has a tip?

Just to rephrase it all, I have a bunch of items on ArcGIS Online from web services that didn't need any authentication when I added them. If I'm not mistaken, this led to no proxy item being created at that time. But the web services have since been secured, which make ArcGIS Online prompt my users for their credentials when they get to my apps.

Is there anything I could do to create this proxy item now and store the credentials so that the users don't have to log in each time? For now I see no other solution than deleting all the items and starting from scratch.

0 Kudos