Drone created orthomosaic wont let me set the visible range below 1:1250

03-16-2023 07:43 AM
Labels (1)
JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

I am having troubles with several rasters.  I created a map in ArcGIS Pro with several rasters and a contour layer. I shared to ArcGIS Online.  The rasters wont show up unless I am at 1:1,250 or lower scale.  My drone flight covered 5 acres, and I need to get down to room scale (1:71). It wont let me set the visible range that low in ArcGIS Online.  The slide bar just wont go further to the right.  I realize it may be a cache issue and more tiles need to be created. I have several rasters and really don't want to go to the trouble of sharing each individual raster in ArcGIS Pro and rebuilding the webmap in ArcGIS Online.  It takes ArcGIS Pro forever to export each one.  Is there a way to get the tiles created in ArcGIS Online instead?

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

As an FYI, I ended up sharing individual raster feature classes by right clicking in the TOC>Sharing>Share as Web Layer.  I selected Tile, then went to the configuration tab and change the level of detail using the little scroll bar thing.  When that was shared and cached, I was then able to add each one individually to my web map.  Unfortunately, if you try to share as a web map from the share tab, you will not be able to get the layer to be visible at levels zoomed in beyond the 1:1,250.  I suspect that the purpose for ArcGIS Online to do this is likely the fact that it takes a bunch of tiles to get that to work. It is definitely burning the credits in ArcGIS Online much faster than in the past.  I suppose the extra steps make that more difficult to add data heavy content.  My little 5 acre site is now burning 18 credits a day in ArcGIS Online.

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos