Downloading Web Appbuilder created in AGOL

11-09-2018 04:01 PM
ShaunWilliams3
New Contributor

I'm attempting to create locally hosted web app which includes a few basic widgets. My company currently does not have ArcGIS Server or Portal, we simply have a local web server. Within this environment, can an app created via AGOL to be downloaded and hosted our web server? We are unable to leverage AGOL to host the app as well. So, the aforementioned questions/options are all I can think of for at the time. Appreciate any advice or clarity.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shaun,

> ... can an app created via AGOL to be downloaded and hosted our web server? 

Yes, you can download a Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS app from ArcGIS Online and host it in your own web server. But it will still need to utilize and reference a web map from either ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS.

Hope this helps,

ShaunWilliams3
New Contributor

This is quite helpful. Correct me if I'm wrong w/ the following understanding for accomplishing this task. Once the app is on the web server are the following summarized steps accurate?

• Add proxy to config (optional)
  • Add and register app to AGOL
  • Copy and paste AppID to config

Thanks, Derek!

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shaun,

> Once the app is on the web server are the following summarized steps accurate?

Not really. It's not clear on what you're trying to do. The steps you mention are used for different things. For example, "Add and register app to AGOL" - this is meant to enable the web app (hosted on your own web server), to be discoverable by members of your AGOL organization ... is this the intent? If so, then why not just leave the web app hosted in AGOL?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos