Select to view content in your preferred language

Does overwriting a Feature layer, destroy the Form?

06-19-2023 05:32 AM
Labels (2)
LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I would really want to use Forms in the Map Viewer, however, I can't seem to find any information about what happens to the Form, if I overwrite the Web layer from within ArcGIS Pro? 

Sometimes we make changes to our layers in our database, and then overwrite the published web layers - i know that it destroys custom settings etc that I have made on the layer in the Web map, but does it also destroy the Form?

And in a related though, it seems that it is not possible to save a Form, so that it could be applied to another identical layer - is that correct?!

Thanks 🙂

Tags (3)
3 Replies
PaigeLester12
New Contributor II

I also have this question!  I have a ton of form customizations and Arcade expressions to support the Editor tool in Map Viewer, but now I need a schema change. It would be so awesome if we could save our Form customizations and apply them to other layers.

Goodnight123
New Contributor

Have you messed around with AGO Assistant? I just figured out how to copy and paste the JSON form info between layers and it is incredibly helpful if you have the same form for multiple layers.

Goodnight123
New Contributor

I had posted a reply but then had to check a few things to make sure, but I think I can say that overwriting a feature layer does not destroy the form. I've spent all week worried about losing my progress but I just risked it and discovered that you have to make sure that your form is saved to a map, NOT the layer. I lost a bunch of work because I tried saving the forms to the layers and then overwriting so learn from my mistake. Otherwise, overwriting just requires reconciling any schema changes.