Does Classic Viewer Support TextFormatting.NewLine ?

Jump to solution
04-07-2022 12:06 PM
JorgeKappa
Occasional Contributor

Same map, same label, same expression, works fine in new Map Viewer, not in Classic Viewer. I don't even see it in the list of functions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

There currently isn't a print component in the latest Dashboard release and if you are using Dashboard Classic that will also use 3.x and will not support multiline labels. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JasonGlidewell
New Contributor III

Works fine for me.  I find Classic Map Viewer easier to use.

TextFormatting.NewLine is under constants, not functions.

JasonGlidewell_0-1649358671375.png

0 Kudos
JorgeKappa
Occasional Contributor

Check it:

JorgeKappa_1-1649360727185.png

JorgeKappa_0-1649360620629.png

I think it used to work, but it broke when I did this: the user wants to print from the dashboard. Told them dashboards don't print. They say make it print, so I made a WAB with the Print widget and embedded both the dashboard and the app in an Experience Builder. I thik that broke it. No biggie because I couldn't figure out how to transfer the selection in the dashboard map to the one in the webapp. I was going to make them search.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is not supported in MVC or other 3.x JSAPI based web apps.

JorgeKappa
Occasional Contributor

OK, but these guys want to print what they see in the dashboard, at least the map. Is there a way to accomplish that? I found that custom widget somebody built, but it requires developers EB. Is it free? Should I go that route?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

There currently isn't a print component in the latest Dashboard release and if you are using Dashboard Classic that will also use 3.x and will not support multiline labels. 

0 Kudos
JorgeKappa
Occasional Contributor

OK. I think I'll go with the standalone WAB with Print widget and add a custom search to allow replication of the selection in the dashboard, but in a map with labels off displaying the popup. Either that or take a screen capture. I have to look into the new dashboard, haven't  had the chance. I did notice you can make one in Experience Builder. 

I must be inadvertently using the new ones because the labels do work:

JorgeKappa_0-1649682650080.png

0 Kudos