disappearing webmap

10-22-2019 05:09 AM
MaciejFlorczak
New Contributor II

Today something strange happened to one of my webmap. It just disappeared from my content in AGOL. It is also not available in Classic Collector for ArcGIS. But...I can still use it in the new Collector and even in one of my WebApp. Yes, I checked everything twice. Where is the problem?

#webmap

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maciej Florczak‌ it sounds like the item might not be getting picked up in ArcGIS Online's search/content management system. If you can still use the Web Map with a Web App, when configuring the App you should have access to the Web Map's item ID. What happens when you search on this item ID?

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

How about a service definition file that has disappeared from AGOL?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It could be a similar issue but it's hard to say without investigating further. I would recommend creating a support case with Esri Technical Support to look into this specific situation. 

That said, SD files will have a different item ID than the corresponding Hosted Feature Layer. Under "Details" on the Item Details > Overview Tab, the Hosted Feature Layer should have a link to the Service Definition. If you click the link is the item still there? That is, is the SD file not available in Search/My Content or not there altogether?

Are you implementing a workflow that requires keeping the SD files in ArcGIS Online?

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
DouglasCochran
Occasional Contributor II

In addition to searching for the map by ID as Peter suggested, could it have been moved to a different folder in my content?

You can do a general search to try to find it by entering a search string that contains the user name and the name of map.

i.e. owner:m.florczak mapname

0 Kudos