Select to view content in your preferred language

Deleting Feature Templates for Web Map in Web Viewer

a month ago
StefanAngerer
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to delete some feature templates for a web map that I am editing with the web viewer. However, I am having trouble managing the feature templates when attempting to update them in the underlying mapx file (which I later re-share as a web map). The mapx file gets its data from a feature service.

My question is: Do I need to manage the templates directly in the feature service to get the changes to reflect in the web map? Or can i manage the templates in a "consumer_map" which i then publish as a web map?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks and regards,
Stefan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Koen
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hey Stefan,

You can manage feature templates either directly in the feature service or within the "consumer_map" before publishing it as a web map. Both methods are valid, but managing templates directly in the feature service might provide more direct control and ensure that changes are immediately reflected across all web maps using that service.

I have provided some documentation below that might help as well: 
Manage Feature Templates

Feel free to reply to this post if you have any additional questions. 

- Koen 

StefanAngerer
Occasional Contributor

Hi Koen,

thanks for the initial help, though i still don't know if thats really true. I made a little testcase where I only made one feature template in the map which i have shared as webmap in agol. The map is called "CONSUMER_MAP_STROM" and has one template "HVLine". All the other templates were deleted by me. So in my understanding the webmap should only have that one feature template. Now jumping over the webmap. The EleLine Assetgroup indeed only has one feature template, however, all the other assetgroups have all the default templates even though I have deleted them. Why is this the case? What can I do that this is not happening?

Thanks, Stefan

Consumer-Map in ArcPro with one template:

StefanAngerer_0-1720424075767.png

Consumer-Map as WebMap in webmap viewer with multiple feature templates:

StefanAngerer_1-1720424135322.png

0 Kudos
Koen
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hey Stefan, 

Thanks for the reply and for providing additional information, I understand that you are trying to delete feature templates in ArcGIS Pro but they are still showing up in ArcGIS Online after being deleted. I would like for you to try the steps below to overwrite the web layer (see documentation below):

Using a local copy of the layer (as a feature class) we can delete the feature templates and then use this feature class to overwrite the web layer (Share tab > Web layer > Overwrite web layer
See Overwrite a web feature layer documentation

Please let me know if the issue is still persistent following these changes, 

- Koen 

0 Kudos