Deleted fields added back to hosted feature layer after overwriting entire layer

01-12-2021 05:43 PM
Bianca
by
New Contributor II

I deleted some fields from a hosted feature layer that I no longer need. I regularly update this layer by going to Update Data -> Overwrite Entire Layer, and then uploading a new csv file. The new csv files I have been uploading also no longer have the columns that I deleted from the hosted feature layer. However, every time I overwrite the layer, the columns get added back to the feature layer. I delete them again, check back later, fields are still gone, but then every time I overwrite the layer the fields reappear. Is there a way to permanently remove these fields?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
UriGilad_EsriAu
Esri Contributor

Hi Bianca, 

Did you try to re-write the csv? Copy paste the active columns in your spreadsheet to a new file (make sure not to copy any empty columns/rows), change the sheet name, file name, and then try to update again. If the problem is from the csv, these measures should solve it. Not sure what to do if the problem is from the feature class schema - then you might have to delete and re-write.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.
0 Kudos
Bianca
by
New Contributor II

Yes, I am uploading a completely new csv file each time (results from a SQL query), which does not include the deleted columns. I can't change the file name though because in order to overwrite the layer the new csv file must have the same name as the original file.

0 Kudos