Delete Relationship from AGO Hosted Feature Layer

05-17-2021 03:06 PM
Labels (1)
DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

I have a hosted feature layer that was generated by Survey123. The survey included a repeat and thus a related table that was automatically set up. My survey has broken, and I've gotten to a point of troubleshooting where I'd like to try to remove the relationship. I've already removed the questions and repeat from my survey form. How do I remove the relationship between the layer and the related table?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

Ideally, if you have a hosted feature service, you can make use of AGOL Assistant (https://ago-assistant.esri.com/), however in this case, even though the layer is hosted feature service since it is created by Survey123 it will not display the Data details where you could potentially modify the service. What I can recommend instead is that you can export the data as CSV and then republish using the only layer that you would like to keep and use that for your survey. Otherwise, just recreate a new survey without the repeat questions and that will be the most easiest way to tackle your issue.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Manish
0 Kudos
DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

Unfortunately I have a number of apps and view layers tied in, so re-creating the survey and feature service is my absolute last resort. When I pop into AGO Assistant, I don't see the related table referenced in the JSON. But I do see these fields - is it enough to remove all of these from the parent layer?

DanteLee_0-1621356351587.png

0 Kudos
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

I dont think this will potentially resolve the issue, however worth a try, please remember to take a back up of the JSON so incase you want to revert, you can use it from the back up.

If you have ArcGIS Pro, you may download the layer as GDB and remove the additional table/relationships and try to overwrite the service. 

let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Manish
0 Kudos
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos