Date Selector in Dashboard is not filtering correctly

Jump to solution
04-15-2021 01:20 PM
BradyWalker2
New Contributor II

One of our users has a Dashboard with a Data Selector that can filter crime locations by date. When she uses the data selector only crimes that occurred during the date range show up in the map. However, if she clicks on one of the filtered points she sees the popup for all crimes at that location not just the date specific crimes. This is not a problem is Dashboard Classic, but is in the newer version of Dashboard. Is this a known issue?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
KinleyWinchester
New Contributor III

Hi... This bug (BUG-000139152) is now coded as "Fixed" dated Aug 4.  Dashboard is still acting the same.  Is this something that is scheduled to update soon?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

AndrewMcDonagh
New Contributor II

Might not be related to your issue - but I found an issue where if I filtered my results down using a selector, and there was more than 1000 results - if I tried to highlight the 1000+ records in the map, it would only return a sampling of 1000. It apparently is a setting that you can code in the beginning.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
RobCahalan1
New Contributor III

Following....we have the same issue. When we click on a filtered point, we get the popup for all feature at that location. Like Bradly, this was not an issue before the updates this week.

RobCahalan1_0-1618522683648.png

Sveouu
by
New Contributor II

Upvoting this issue.

We have the same issue in newly created dashboards which did not exist prior to the recent release.

The filter is applied to the layer but not to the associated popup.

Sveouu_0-1618577598847.png

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have alerted the Development team about this and they are looking into it. 

Thanks,

-Peter 

JShi_EsriStaff
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the report this issue to us. The root of this issue is in the JavaScript API 4.x that the new version of Dashboards is built on. The JavaScript API team is aware of this issue and actively looking into it but it won’t be addressed in this April 2021 release.

I will share an existing bug number soon so if you are interested in tracking this issue, please contact Esri Support and attach your case to the bug.

-Julia

JShi_EsriStaff
Esri Contributor

Hi, 

Here is the Salesforce issue you can attach your case to:

BUG-000139152 In ArcGIS Dashboard, after filtering features on a map based on a category, the pop-up for filtered out features that overlap still appears.

-Julia

JonHawkins
New Contributor II

I have just installed ArcGIS Portal 10.9.1 and I am surprised to find that this issue is in there. New dashboards are looking great but this bug is undermining the value. Can you please provide an update to this issue and how this might be remedied for a local Enterprise instance.

many thanks

Jon

AndrewMcDonagh
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am still having the same issue as well - using the Date to filter results in the map, upon using the select tool on the map, all the instances are selected and not filtered out. 

My example - use the Date Selector to filter results in the map. Then upon using the select tool, the widgets should show an updated count of instances, not the unfiltered original amount.

0 Kudos
KinleyWinchester
New Contributor III

Hi... This bug (BUG-000139152) is now coded as "Fixed" dated Aug 4.  Dashboard is still acting the same.  Is this something that is scheduled to update soon?

Thanks!

PhilipWeeks
New Contributor III

I found the bug report mentioned, but the closest thing to August 4 is the version it was fixed in listed as 9.4.  The problem is, that version seems to correspond to the Operations Dashboard version, but I have no idea how to tell which version is packaged in Enterprise 10.9.1, nor if there is any mechanism to just patch this part of it to a version that actually works in this situation.

0 Kudos