custom symbol styles

Jump to solution
05-04-2022 07:43 AM
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have uploaded a point feature class with a custom symbology to ArcGIS Online as a hosted feature layer. This works if I use a single point location in Styles but I am using the Counts and Amounts (color) style so I can classify symbols at a specified range. What I am trying to do is use the same custom symbology I use in my ArcGIS Pro maps in my web map. Whenever I enable classify data, my custom symbology changes back to a circle. How can I  change this back to my custom symbology?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Publish those point symbols in a style as a web style. How to do that in the link below:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/use-published-2d-symbols-in-arcgis-o...

Then you can click on the point symbols on the classified section of the smart mapping range 

RussellRoberts1_0-1651680406610.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Publish those point symbols in a style as a web style. How to do that in the link below:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/use-published-2d-symbols-in-arcgis-o...

Then you can click on the point symbols on the classified section of the smart mapping range 

RussellRoberts1_0-1651680406610.png

SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply!

The entry in the blog post you linked will work but I am having trouble updating the web styles in my Organization settings group. Right now the 2D Web Style Group is set to ESRI Default and has no other style group containing symbols. How can I get my custom web style to show up as a 2D web style? 

It is not an option right now even though I uploaded it to a folder on in my ArcGIS Online acct

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

First you will need to create a group to share your web styles too. So just under Groups > Create Group and then share the web styles to it either during publishing step from Pro or after in ArcGIS Online. But once the group is defined you can set it where it says Esri Default. Also the Esri symbols will get shared automatically to that group so you wont lose those either. 

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

right after I posted the reply I figured out how to make it show up as a symbol style in my web map!

Thanks