Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom Print Layout Template Licence Requirements

06-28-2024 06:26 AM
Labels (2)
AnthonyJonesRSK
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

There was some really great stuff in the AGOL update yesterday and in particular I was keen to try out the new option of hosting custom print layout templates by following the instructions here. I was surprised though to see that "Printing from custom layout templates is available to Professional and Professional Plus users.". I just wanted to check is this licence restriction in place during the beta or is this likely to be the case once it is fully rolled out? Restricting this functionality to just Professional and Professional Plus licences would be bizarre as users with those licences have access to ArcGIS Pro so would have less use for this functionality from the map viewer. We would like to be able to host our own templates for use by all our users so can someone confirm if this will change in the future?

I was able to test the functionality with my own licence but found that most of my prints failed (I did get it to work with a simplified template eventually). Unfortunately there is no feedback for why they failed so could error information be built into the print tool? Or is there anywhere that provides guidance on what can and can't be included in the .pagx file that you create in Pro.

Thanks

Anthony

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZaraMatheson
Esri Contributor

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for trying this out and for the feedback on the licensing. It helps with the discussion while details are being finalized during the beta.

There is a bit of guidance here about what is supported when using a layout outside of pro https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/publish-services/windows/tutorial-publish-additional-...

If you are able to share any of the layouts you are seeing errors with, we can also look into them further.

AnthonyJonesRSK
Frequent Contributor

Hi Zara, thanks for the response and the link to the guidance, much appreciated. I will keep an eye out for when this feature does come out of beta but I do hope that the current licence restrictions are reconsidered as it's potentially a very useful function that would ultimately go under utilised if it were not available to all licence levels. Thanks, Anthony

0 Kudos