Custom Point Feature Image Won't Display

02-08-2019 06:46 AM
SteveJavins
New Contributor II

I'm trying to 'Use an Image' (that I created) to symbolize a point feature in an AGOL map. I created the image, uploaded to AGOL and then made sure the image was shared with 'Everyone'. I copied the URL from the Overview page for the item and pasted into the 'Use an Image' box then clicked the plus sign. It seems to load and appears in the Legend but will not display in the map. Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Steve,

What does the URL of the image look like? Does it end in a file type such as .JPG? If not, often times links won't work in various platforms (web maps, story maps, etc.). Are you able to provide the URL for testing?

Thank you!

-- Rachel G

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services
0 Kudos
SteveJavins
New Contributor II

Hi Rachel, no it doesn't. This is the link:

http://njng.maps.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/7bd3dd8ce44b47fc964901db5ced7a4e/data

When hosting on AGOL, is there a way to access the image with a more appropriate URL?

Thank you,

Steve

0 Kudos
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Steve,

One last question - is the image shared publicly? If not, your link will automatically add a token at the end, and because tokens expire, the link won't always work... In theory, this should be working, but it may be something we need to delve into with further detail.

Can you first see if you see a different behavior if you share the image publicly, and then re-link it and try again? If the image is already public, go ahead and give us a call and create a support case. We'll take a closer look and get a bug logged if needed.

Thanks!

-- Rachel G

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services
0 Kudos
SteveJavins
New Contributor II

Hi Rachel,

It is shared with 'Everyone (public)'. I tried re-linking again anyway. Still no luck.

Do you have another link I can test with? If that doesn't work I will log a case.

Thank you,

Steve

0 Kudos
BillSpiking__GISP
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same problem with a custom image that has been working in the same web map for a couple years now.  Our clients just noticed the issue last week.  

Chrome dev tools is showing that the image is being blocked by CORS policy.