Custom basemap that does not display when zoomed past 1:141

05-16-2022 01:42 PM
LyonMNGIS
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I used ArcGIS Online to create a custom basemap for our organization.  I can set my custom basemap in ArcGIS Pro and everything works just fine until I zoom in past 1:141.  At that point the custom basemap layer becomes blank.  The underlying source for the custom basemap is a WMTS service which is capable of serving imagery at any resolution.

Question:  How can I tell ArcGIS Online to work with resolutions beyond 1:141?

Thank You

Tags (2)
2 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@LyonMNGIS if you go into the settings of your service, can you see how many levels of detail you have? and have the tiles been cached for the lower levels?

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
LyonMNGIS
Occasional Contributor II

David,
I have 23 cached levels. The underlying WMTS service builds a cache on demand.
I noticed a different behavior between when I add the WMTS service directly and when I add the WMTS service via online.
When consuming the service directly trough the WMTS service the visibility range is not limited.
When I consume the service via ArcGIS Online the maximum resolution is set to 1:141. When I remove the maximum scale then the ArcGIS basemap displays at any resolution.
So perhaps the actual underlying question is how can I tell custom basemaps to appear at any zoom level and not at the WMTS cached resolutions?

Thank You

The attached image shows that ArcGIS Pro will display the WMTS service beyond the cached resolution.  However, the display is limited to 1:41 when I add the same service via an AGOL custom basemap.  I can manually remove the maximum scale.

Thank You

0 Kudos