Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating cache with a mask

02-12-2015 01:13 AM
roialgavish
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am publishing a very large OrthoPhoto I had built a mosaic dataset for it. The boundary and footprint are set ok. When I build a cache I get a white picture for all of the extent. I don’t want it.

What I am asking is how to get only the mask and not the extent when publishing a map cache?

Thank you all,

Roi Algavish.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Roi,

When setting up the cache, choose to build the cache manually.  You can then right-click on the service > Manage Cache > Manage Tiles.  Here you will have the option to build the cache for an Area of Interest.  You can browse to a shapefile/feature class or draw the extent for the cache you would like built.

screen1.png

0 Kudos
roialgavish
Occasional Contributor

Hi jake,

First of all thank you .

This is what i did, but when I added the service to a map I got the whole extent of the mosaic also in places with no data defined. It looks like it built the cache In the area of internee but gave me a white picture in all of the extent.

Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

What did you specify for the Tile Format?  If this is raster data, it's recommended to use 'MIXED'.

0 Kudos
roialgavish
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I had used jpg in order to compress it a bit more, but I will publish it again with mixed and hopefully it will solve it. I will let you know,.

Thank you.

0 Kudos