Select to view content in your preferred language

Domains in AGO

02-11-2015 06:33 AM
NicoleBarbiaux
Deactivated User

Hi all, quite new to ArcGIS Online. How do I go about displaying the coded value descriptions instead of the coded values in a popup within AGO?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Nicole,

I don't think this is possible.

Maybe before you publish the service, open the attribute table, click on Table Options -> Appearance and uncheck "Display coded value domain and subtype description".

Tim          

0 Kudos
NicoleBarbiaux
Deactivated User

That's too bad.

Thanks Tim

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nicole,

ArcGIS Online should use the domain descriptions by default.  Are you using a hosted feature service or an ArcGIS Server service?

0 Kudos
NicoleBarbiaux
Deactivated User

Hi Jake,

I thought the descriptions would come up by default as well. I am using a hosted feature service.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Take a look at the following blog:

http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/files/2014/10/How-to-Update-Hosted-Feature-Service-Schemas1.pdf

You can check the domain and it's associated value/description through REST.  You could also update the value to match the description, though I have tested this and you should not have to.

NicoleBarbiaux
Deactivated User

I'm sorry, I was mistaken. We are using an ArcGIS Server service instead of a hosted feature service for the layers that I am having problems with.

But this article is very handy to have for other issues that may pop up.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

This should still work with ArcGIS Server services.  What version of ArcGIS Server are you using?

0 Kudos
NicoleBarbiaux
Deactivated User

We are using 10.2.2

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

If the service is publicly accessible, would you be able to share the REST URL?

0 Kudos