Creating a robust web form application to collect data with AGOL

09-07-2016 06:44 PM
PriyanthaPallegama
New Contributor

Hi All, I have a requirement of creating a web map based application to collect field information. I already looked into Collector for ArcGIS which gives some similar functionality. However,  I would like to know is it possible to use AGOL to build a robust web application to query information based on location to pre-filled a web form and add more capabilities to the same web form such as attachments, offline saving, etc. without using a separately hosted website? If so, what is the best approach for this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Priyantha,

> is it possible to use AGOL to build a robust web application to query information based on location to pre-filled a web form and add more capabilities to the same web form such as attachments, offline saving, etc.

Have you looked at Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, which enables you to create custom mapping apps for the web without programming?

Regarding collecting web forms, please take a look at Survey123 for ArcGIS, which enables you to collect field data based on forms.

Both apps are included with your ArcGIS Online organization.

Hope this helps,

PriyanthaPallegama
New Contributor

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your prompt response. This was helpful for me to heading the right direction as I am new to AGOL.

I appreciate if you can provide some direction for pre-populating some fields of the web form by querying AGOL webmap layers based on location.

Thanks heaps,

Priyantha

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Priyantha,

> I appreciate if you can provide some direction for pre-populating some fields of the web form by querying AGOL webmap layers based on location.

If you are referring to the forms in Survey123 for ArcGIS when you say "web form" above, this is not a supported workflow. The surveys in Survey123 are NOT meant to have their questions pre-populated with content from feature layers in ArcGIS Online. Please review the help doc,

Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos