Configuring public notification widget PDF mailing labels, not accepting multiple lines used in an attribute expression

05-21-2022 02:51 PM
Labels (3)
N_W_S_E
New Contributor III

I am trying to use the public notification widget. I have configured my text pop-up with 3 attribute expressions:

<p>
    {expression/expr0}
    <br>
    {expression/expr1}
    <br>
    {expression/expr2}
</p>

In {expression/expr0}, I have the following arcade expression:

var customer_field = $feature["Customer_Name"]

if (Find(',', customer_field,0)>-1) {
    var name = split($feature["Customer_Name"], ",")
    return Concatenate(name, TextFormatting.NewLine)
}
else {
    return customer_field
}

I have set up my parcel data in a way that if a parcel polygon has more than one owner, the names are separated by commas. In the {expression/expr0}, it looks at the 'Customer_Name' field, and if a comma is found, it takes the text after the comma and puts it onto a new line. 

The pop-up looks exactly how I want it when you click on a parcel and is formatted in the following way:

Owner

Owner1

Owner2

Address

City, Province Postal Code

or

Owner

Address

However, when I generate mailing labels in PDF format, the first expression is not being accepted and the owners are being put on one line. So I have a mailing label that looks like this:

Owner Owner1 Owner 2

Address

With this format, the labels cannot be read, because the length of the first line is too long and the font gets squished and cut off.

Is there a way to have multiple lines in the generated mailing labels using the public notification widget?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MT_JenAmes
New Contributor III

Have you figured out a way around the TextFormatting.NewLine? I have a similar issue, where either there's a blank line in the address label, or what shows up as 2 lines in the pop-up shows up on 1 line in the labels. Neither of which are ideal situations.

0 Kudos