Select to view content in your preferred language

Configuring a heat map?

05-06-2016 11:17 AM
PaulDavidson1
Frequent Contributor

In AGOL (or Portal), is there anyway to modify the scaling on a heat map?

For example, I have a data set that gives values for Lead in Water.  Values go from 1 to 5 so, depending on color scheme, the 5s show up as Red (the hot spots.)  However, what I want to do is to show values from 1 to 15 where 15 is a limit we have to worry about.  I don't want a low value of 5 showing up in Red.  Yes, I could change the color scheme but prefer not to.

I could add in a fake data point so the heat values scale as I want but then I need to prevent that point from showing.

I seem to recall somwhere I did a heat map in which I can set an upper bound. I've tried a few things but so far no luck.  Mayube it was in WAB Developer?  I don't think I've tried that yet.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

the options available are in the Heat map section of this link where they discuss weights and other options...

Change style—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS just in case you didn't see it.

PaulDavidson1
Frequent Contributor

Apparently I did miss that... "adjust the position of the two handles on the color ramp slider."

Although that is not quite what I want, in terms of this task, I can make it get by.

I seem to recall somewhere where I could set actual numeric values related to color scaling.

Thanks.