Configure Pop-up

Jump to solution
02-25-2016 04:47 PM
CarolynKnight1
New Contributor

I'm trying to configure a pop-up and no fields appear in the "configure attributes" window to be able to turn them on, or off.  What am I missing?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor
9 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

What type of layer did you add?

0 Kudos
CarolynKnight1
New Contributor

I created a map service from an .mxd.  It's just a point FC in that map.  Nothing terribly special about this.  I'm suspicious that a table relationship is causing AGOL some trouble with reading the table information.

0 Kudos
AbhishekRathi1
Occasional Contributor

Dear Carolyn,

Kindly follow below mentioned links for clear understanding. Hope this will solve your issue.

Configure pop-ups | Learn ArcGIS

Configure pop-ups—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

Thanks and Regards

Abhishek Rathi.

CarolynKnight1
New Contributor

I am following those steps.  When I get to this:

"Use the [+] button to select field values from your data.  The field values contain field aliases followed by the field names. By default, the primary field is displayed."

No fields are present and there is nothing for me to select.  If I click on a feature, I see all the fields included in the pop-up.  I'm not able to configure this.

After further investigation, this seems to be happening only on feature classes that have that related table information.  So... is it the case that pop-ups cannot be configured if there's related tables??

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Carolyn,

Can you add some screen shots of what you are experiencing?

0 Kudos
CarolynKnight1
New Contributor

Did you see my edit to my last response?  This is only happening on features that have a related table.  I can configure my other features just fine.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Carolyn,

Look at this resource

Configure pop-ups—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

or here:

Related Tables in ArcGIS Online?

What browser are you using?

KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Try publishing the layer with out the related tables and see if this fixes the pop-up issue.

0 Kudos
CarolynKnight1
New Contributor

I've tried in both IE and Chrome.  It's interesting because if I simply "enable" the pop-up, the result does show the related table information.  I just can't configure anything.  In fact, if I try to configure this it freezes and I have to refresh my map.  I guess I have to be OK showing all the fields, or I have to do some of that configuration before I create the service with related table information.

Thanks so much for all your help!!

0 Kudos