Configurable app issues with mobile devices

Jump to solution
10-04-2021 09:12 AM
JohnnyHarley232
New Contributor III

Hi, I am having issues with a configurable app (basic viewer) on ArcGIS Online. My client has this embedded within a WordPress website and 85% of the viewers of this map are mobile users. My client has reached out to WordPress for help and here is the response. 

"I tried changing the size-related values on the code and none is having an impact. I've also tried this code on a WordPress site that is using the default theme of WordPress (https://lapwebsolutions.com/nondivitheme/sample-page/) and here's how it looks on my phone: [image] It is cut off also. I'm afraid those info getting cutoff are generated when the iframe is being rendered.
The best thing I can suggest is to reach out to the source of this code which is the https://www.arcgis.com/"

Attached is a screenshot of the map on the mobile device. I got rid of the splash screen which I thought that this was an issue. The map is not rendering to the size of the iframe inside of the website. 

Does anyone have any workarounds? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

Would you be willing to try a different template for the app?  The Instant Apps (next generation configurable apps) are responsive and have a much better experience on mobile devices and embedded.  The Media or Basic  Instant App have the same tools available that you have enabled on the app you've shared. These can be accessed from map or My Content, Create App > Instant Apps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

Would you be willing to try a different template for the app?  The Instant Apps (next generation configurable apps) are responsive and have a much better experience on mobile devices and embedded.  The Media or Basic  Instant App have the same tools available that you have enabled on the app you've shared. These can be accessed from map or My Content, Create App > Instant Apps

0 Kudos
AthenaInsuranceRisk
New Contributor

How do I do this?  I've got an Instant App made, which looks great on a desktop, but doesn't size itself or rotate on a iPhone. 

0 Kudos