Coded domain values not showing up in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
05-13-2015 11:01 AM
WillVan_Hemessen
New Contributor

Hey Everyone,

So I've uploaded a file geodatabase to ArcGIS Online. I've added the layer file to an editable map and everything is working fine except for one problem.

The geodatabase has coded values for domains associated with fields in a point feature class. In the attribute table in Desktop, I can see dropdown menus for these fields with a list of the coded values. Ex: Species name>*dropdown list of species*

However, these dropdowns won't show up for the attributes in ArcGIS Online. Nor will they show up on the Collector app.

What am I doing wrong? I've tried recreating the geodatabase from scratch and using the "create domain", "add coded values to domain", and "add domain to field" tools in ArcCatalog. Still no luck. I'm getting pretty frustrated... Thoughts?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Will,

The coded value domain doesn't seem to work if the FGDB is directly uploaded in My Contents of ArcGIS Online.

Share your map document(MXD) as a Service from ArcMap.

File > Share as > Service.

Think Location

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Will,

The coded value domain doesn't seem to work if the FGDB is directly uploaded in My Contents of ArcGIS Online.

Share your map document(MXD) as a Service from ArcMap.

File > Share as > Service.

Think Location
WillVan_Hemessen
New Contributor

Thank you, Jayanta.

Do you know if it's possible to share my map as a service using only the basic desktop version of ArcGIS? I don't have a server set up since we don't have the server version of the program.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In case of a ArcGIS for Desktop Basic license, you could work with Personal GDB. Publishing on ArcGIS online should not be an issue.

*For editing File GDB and SDE database, one needs at-least ArcGIS Desktop Standard license. Let us know if you face any issue in future.

Think Location
WillVan_Hemessen
New Contributor

Thanks for the helpful information!

0 Kudos