Change AGOL Email Notification Contact Info?

Jump to solution
01-20-2015 06:10 AM
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Hi.  Can anyone point me to the instructions for changing the contact information in the email sent to users who change their account information (e.g. passwords)?  This is the email notification that comes from "The ArcGIS Online Accounts Team."

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Mary,

The automatically generated email from updating a customers information should be coming from the email address notifications@esri.com.

In the email, an administrator and their email address is listed as a contact person. This is an administrator in your organization that is selected from the list of administrators. Unfortunately, you cannot identify which administrator is going to appear in these emails, but it will be an administrator.

If your organization is showing that an employee who doesn't work there anymore is updating the accounts, then check to see if their account is still listed as an administrator. If they are, remove the account, or give them non-administrator permissions. This will result in another administrator being the contact information in the automatically generated emails.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyGerrow

Hello,

The emails that are sent to users when their account is modified is automatically generated. There is no way to modify this email address as ArcGIS Online generates the email.

You can modify the contact Us email address in the My organization page (help link). This will update the email address that appears in the contact us link in your organization, but will have no effect on the organization generated emails from our notifications alias.

If this is something that you would like to see in the software, please post the idea on our ideas page. Be sure to include as much information as possible to explain how this affects/would improve your organizations use of ArcGIS Online.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
MaryEllen_Perko

Hi.  Thanks for the information.  Just so I'm clear - in the automatically generated email is the name and email address of someone who works in our organization (as contact info).  You are saying that I cannot change that name and email address to someone, say, who still works for us?  Any idea where that name/email is coming from?  It's a reference to a specific person so that's why I'm puzzled.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Mary,

The automatically generated email from updating a customers information should be coming from the email address notifications@esri.com.

In the email, an administrator and their email address is listed as a contact person. This is an administrator in your organization that is selected from the list of administrators. Unfortunately, you cannot identify which administrator is going to appear in these emails, but it will be an administrator.

If your organization is showing that an employee who doesn't work there anymore is updating the accounts, then check to see if their account is still listed as an administrator. If they are, remove the account, or give them non-administrator permissions. This will result in another administrator being the contact information in the automatically generated emails.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks

0 Kudos
MaryEllen_Perko

Thanks again for the information.  It helps to know from where that name and email address is coming.  Hopefully it's selecting the first one alphabetically and we can make some adjustments to use the account we want to use.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos