Cannot publish Scene Layer from Feature Layer

Jump to solution
07-17-2017 02:08 AM
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I am following this procedure to publish a scene layer from a file geodatabase with only multipatch featureclass.

I seem to recall that I already performed such operation in the past, when this option was still in beta, and I succeeded.

However, now it seems not to work anymore. This is what I am doing: I created a file geodatabase with only multipach inside, all in Web Mercator reference system (EPSG: 3857, or 102100). I zipped it and uploaded it to my AGOL (logged in as administrator), choosing to publishing it as a Feature Service. I can open and see it in a Map viewer. Now, inside the details of this same Feature Service, I click on the Publish button and then on "Scene Layer", but nothing happens.

How can I solve this problem? Is there anything I did not consider in my workflow?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This appears to be an issue when your profile language is set to Italian. An issue has been entered and will update this thread when fixed.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ensure you have enough service credits to execute the workflow. Understand credits—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Capability

Example of where used

Credits used

Scene Layer Generation From Features

Publish hosted scene layers from hosted feature layers

1 credit per 1,000 textured multipatch features

1 credit per 5,000 untextured multipatch features or point features

Ensure the feature layer is published properly.

Publish the contents of a file geodatabase 

Then follow the procedure in How to Publish Scene Layers in ArcGIS Online 

Think Location
0 Kudos
AlessandroValra

Hi Jayanta Poddar‌ and thanks for the response.

I checked that I have enough credits.

The feature layer seems published properly (I can see it in the Map Viewer as I said, and navigate and query it without problems).

I read the links you provided and they say the same as the one I provided. Everything seems fine: the file geodatabase contains only multipatch featureclasses in web mercator; I was able to zip it, upload it, and publish it to AGOL.

In the datails I see the option to publish it as a Scene Layer (which I suppose not to be able to see if it wasn't made correctly), but when I click it nothing happens

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This appears to be an issue when your profile language is set to Italian. An issue has been entered and will update this thread when fixed.

AlessandroValra

Thanks Robert,

How would I then change the language settings? I cannot seem to find anyway to do it. If I go to My organizations and then in Change settings, I already tried to change the language to English under the General tab. Actually, it was already in english, but everything seems in Italian anyway regardless of the settings. Is there any other way to change the laguage? Thanks for the answer.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can change the language under your profile settings. Manage profile—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

AlessandroValra

Setting the language in English in the profile settings (not the organization) worked! Thanks again.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

No problem, I will let you know when we have the fix in.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Fix is now in, you should see the publish dialog when your profile language is set to Italian.  Thanks for reporting the issue!

AlessandroValra

I can confirm this is now working. Thanks again!