Cannot load layers on ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
10-07-2016 07:23 AM
NedPhillips1
New Contributor

I do not seem to be able to load any layers in ArcGIS Online. This goes for datasets I have uploaded and even basemaps. For example, in a brand new map project, I click the 'Basemap' link, and choose something from the list of available basemaps, and a second later a box appears onscreen: "Error Basemap Topographic is not available."

It's similar for my own datasets. When I click the add link for any of those I get this message: "Error The layer, [layer name], cannot be added to the map.

I have tried using different browsers and different user accounts in my organization. Any advice? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NedPhillips1
New Contributor

Just for the sake of wrapping this up, it turned out to be a firewall problem on our network. Once the esri domains were whitelisted, AGOL layers loaded normally. If there were a comprehensive list of esri addresses, that would be helpful. We've had to add a few as we've gone along.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ned,

Are you able to load any layers that other users have published and shared publicly? 

If you sign into your organization on a different machine are you able to load the layers?

Thanks,

Katie

0 Kudos
NedPhillips1
New Contributor

Just for the sake of wrapping this up, it turned out to be a firewall problem on our network. Once the esri domains were whitelisted, AGOL layers loaded normally. If there were a comprehensive list of esri addresses, that would be helpful. We've had to add a few as we've gone along.

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks for replying to this thread Ned.

Here is the list of domains that need to be whitelisted:

http://downloads.esri.com/resources/enterprisegis/AGOL_Domain_Requirements.pdf 

You can find this resource on the ArcGIS Online Implementation Guidance page under related content.

Please let us know if you have any questions,

Kelly