Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot edit domain value in ArcGIS online

09-05-2023 08:48 AM
MichaelaAntenucci
New Contributor III

Hi, 
I have to edit domain value in arcgis online, but unfortunately the SAVE button is disabilitated.
I have privileges to modify the layer and I can edit every other field without problems.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

I have seen that when there is an 'invalid' entry to the domain list.  Normally, it is a duplicated entry.

R_

0 Kudos
MichaelaAntenucci
New Contributor III

Hi
There aren't duplicated entry or othere invalid entry (like invalid characters).

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

I'm sure there could be other causes, but so far, this is what I've run into that causes the list save button to be greyed out when trying to modify the list in the browser.  If you try to enter a duplicate entry, it will give you an error.  However, if there is an invalid entry in the table already, it will not flag as error, just won't activate the save button.

I've seen this mostly when bringing in Excel table for domain table and Excel auto filled some values wrong.

With huge domain list, I either just overwrite the entire domain list (with a clean table) using the python API, or, export the JSON from the service, load into Excel and query for duplicated values.

R_

0 Kudos