can't pop-up a PDF file

Jump to solution
08-30-2012 06:24 AM
CharlesCao
New Contributor
There is a hyperlink function in ArcMap or Web ADF, and I saw there is also a pop-up in AGOL.

I have two fields, one is PDF file name(for example 1.pdf), the other is the path and name (for example c:\temp\1.pdf). I need to open the PDF files with a link or URL by using the pop-up configuration, how can I do for it?

What kind of saving format for the URL or link? Please give me a example. The saving format of link I used in database when web mapping application developing is the relative pathname, for example "temp/1.pdf", actually the physical path is "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\web_mapping\temp\1.pdf".

Thanks a lot.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
RustyCook
New Contributor II

Hello,

I tried looking for blogs that had similar questions and this seemed to be pretty close. I have a feature layer hosted on enterprise and one of the attributes ("content") contains a link to a pdf document. On the web map popup configuration I threw this HTML in:

<embed src="{content}" type="application/pdf" width="100%" height="800px"> </embed>

RustyCook_0-1617884857661.png

Initially it looks like it worked (see below), however once I save the map and then try to open it again the embed code is removed from my custom display.

RustyCook_1-1617884857649.png

I tired using other HTML tags as well such as <iframe> and <object> however the same thing occurred. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos