Can raster cell values be returned in ArcGIS Online?

10-16-2014 05:37 AM
MichaelLohr
Occasional Contributor II

I have not been able to retrieve raster cell values from an online map, either with the ArcGIS.com Viewer, iOS or Explorer. Values are returned from other feature classes routinely, so I think we are publishing the data and setting up the pop up windows correctly. And the raster datasets do return the cell values from desktop ArcGIS when you use the Identify tool, for example.

Is this a bug or is it expect6ed behavior with the current code? Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
deleted-user-o0qo22IL6bb6
New Contributor II

Has anyone gotten back to you on this yet?  I have a raster file representing flood depths that I would like to add to a webmap and the ability to provide pixel values is necessary for the purposes of the application. 

0 Kudos
MichaelLohr
Occasional Contributor II

Jason, no response yet. Your use is very similar to mine. where I wanted to display ground elevation values from raster datasets. You would think one of the ESRI staffers would go through the unanswered questions from time to time. Why don't you post your own question on the topic and get it back to the top of the list?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

need popup for rasters on ArcGIS Online webmap 

I created a working solution for this.  Works easily if you host your own app. Use the code in this example:

Identify with Popup in raster service map image layer 

I propose they simply add it to ArcGIS Online's popups, since it's about two lines of extra code, a few years ago. Vote for the idea above if you're interested as well.

0 Kudos