Select to view content in your preferred language

Can I customize the "What's here" popup in map viewer?

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

Hello.

In the Map Viewer if you right click, a "What's Here" button is displayed. If you click the button, i reverse geocode operation is initiated, and a popup is displayed that contains the address and coordinates of the place you you clicked. Is there a way to customize / override the contents of that popup? What i'd like to do is create a link to a Google map street view for those coordinates.

If there's no way to customize the popup, are there any other ways i can accomplish the same thing - click a point on the map (right or left) and display a popup with a link to a google map street view? Maybe Arcade or some such?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

There are apps with widgets that support finding nearby features, i.e. data that you have uploaded.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/near-me-widget.htm

Map Viewer itself, you could do some analysis.

As far as I'm aware, no you cannot configure the 'what's here' button.

For Google Street View, short answer is no... Long answer is that some community users developed an Web App Builder widget to have street view with Esri Maps, and received a noticed from Google to cease use as it's against their terms. Not a lawyer, but the words are 'no use with  non-google maps', so no I don't imagine there's a scenario where you can leverage street view with an Esri basemap. Maybe, and I mean maybe, if you launched into a new window passing the lat/long coordinates into a street view URL from a pop-up, it could be OK as it's opening a new session in google itself. But you'd need a feature with a pop-up and the custom URL constructed. So even if it was within the terms of use, you won't get it from arbitrarily clicking on the map - you'd need a feature to interact with.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

There are apps with widgets that support finding nearby features, i.e. data that you have uploaded.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/near-me-widget.htm

Map Viewer itself, you could do some analysis.

As far as I'm aware, no you cannot configure the 'what's here' button.

For Google Street View, short answer is no... Long answer is that some community users developed an Web App Builder widget to have street view with Esri Maps, and received a noticed from Google to cease use as it's against their terms. Not a lawyer, but the words are 'no use with  non-google maps', so no I don't imagine there's a scenario where you can leverage street view with an Esri basemap. Maybe, and I mean maybe, if you launched into a new window passing the lat/long coordinates into a street view URL from a pop-up, it could be OK as it's opening a new session in google itself. But you'd need a feature with a pop-up and the custom URL constructed. So even if it was within the terms of use, you won't get it from arbitrarily clicking on the map - you'd need a feature to interact with.