Can group categories be set by private-shared external users?

06-29-2020 02:23 PM
Mike_Koutnik
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I have a group that I use to involve multiple collaborators across several organizations.  The group is shared privately with specific users in these organizations' ArcGIS Online organizational accounts.  Many of the group members are contributors and are their own subject matter experts.  Ideally, we would like to create separate folders for each topic i the group.  That doesn't appear to be possible.  The next best option would be group categories.  I set up one category and it seems to work fine.  But it appears that only me, as the group owner, can assign a category to an item.  What we really want to do is allow each content provider to assign the appropriate category to their items.  Is this possible?  We tried to do this during a web meeting today.  But the other contributor doesn't seem to have the same ability to assign a category as me.  I realize one can mimic this ability to an extent with tags.  But tags are a bit more of a free-for-all.  The "curated" aspect of categories is beneficial.  Thanks, Mike Koutnik

0 Kudos
0 Replies