Building Footprints

Jump to solution
04-24-2019 07:09 AM
RickWeisbond
New Contributor III

Back in October 2018 ESRI announced a partnership with BuildingFootprintUSA to add building footprints with address data that would enable users to geocode a table of addresses to building footprint centroids.  The availability date was December 2018.  I have not seen the data yet and can't find an updated due date.  Any estimate when we can expect to see that data?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertJensen
Esri Contributor

Hi Kelly,

The specific ETA for the first integration of BFUSA content into the World Geocoding service is the October release of ArcGIS Online. Quarterly updates will continue afterwards for BFUSA content.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RobertJensen
Esri Contributor

The first release of the World Geocoding Service that includes content from BFUSA will come later this year. At this time, the data will only be used in the World Geocoding Service.

KellyKoenig
Occasional Contributor

Robert Jensen

Now that this post is a few months old, is there a more specific ETA for when we can expect BFUSA to be integrated into the world geocoder? Or a roadmap for when it will be available in the Living Atlas, basemaps, training datasets, etc.?

Thanks for any update you can provide!

-Kelly

0 Kudos
RobertJensen
Esri Contributor

Hi Kelly,

The specific ETA for the first integration of BFUSA content into the World Geocoding service is the October release of ArcGIS Online. Quarterly updates will continue afterwards for BFUSA content.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Has this or will this information be included with What's New in the October update of AGOL?

0 Kudos
RobertJensen
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael,

Yes, this information will included in the "What's New" in the October update of AGOL.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Robert:

I don't see any mention of this functionality in the What's New in ArcGIS Online for October 2019.

Did this functionality not make it into this release?

0 Kudos
RobertJensen
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael,

There is a mention of this in the "What's New" blog.

What’s new in ArcGIS Online (October 2019) 

0 Kudos
RickWeisbond
New Contributor III

Happy to see this functionality added to the World Geocoding Service.  However, when I tested it out with Chester County, PA addresses, the point still goes to the parcel centroid.  Is Chester County not included or am I missing something?

0 Kudos