Select to view content in your preferred language

Bug? Set Visibility Range Won't Save in ArcGIS.com after Dec Update

Jump to solution
12-12-2014 08:55 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

When I set a visibility range, then save the ArcGIS.com map, it works within the current session, but when I close out of the map and reopen it, all of the visibility ranges that I set are cleared out.  Appears to mostly be arcgis server hosted dynamic map services.  I also tried on old maps and brand new maps with same result.

I noticed this since yesterday when the December ArcGIS.com update went through.  Never had any issues before.

Anyone else have this problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
PaulMitchell
New Contributor

Had the same issues as Sean. Never had the original problem before. The solution Mike describes above worked for me when setting the range directly off the layer, but did not work when setting the visibility range within the symbol properties.

Best Regards,
Paul Mitchell

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue now, I don't want to "save layer" as this affects all my maps.

0 Kudos
MarkFleming
New Contributor III

I was using a custom aerial image from 2015 for a Story Map application. Now I have a new image for 2017. After tiling the new image at the highest level of detail (20, Building)  and publishing it as a hosted tile layer, and replacing the old image, I find I can’t zoom in as close as I could on the old image. The old image is set for "Room" as the highest level of detail. I don't see this setting when I create the new tile package. But the image disappears way before I get to Building detail, much less Room. Does anyone know why? I have tried setting the visible scale of the tile layer, but this does not solve the problem.

Might it be the visible range of the image in ArcMap before sharing as a tile layer?

0 Kudos