Select to view content in your preferred language

Briefing Book with Time Aware Web Map

Jump to solution
10-31-2014 10:35 AM
KateNewell
Deactivated User

We recently hired a new Planning Director and I am putting together briefing books for the various work programs in our department to familiarize him.

In one of our books, I would like to embed a web map that I have created that shows the Home Rehabilitation Projects over time (1977-2014).  I made a Time Enabled web map in ArcGIS online, but when I bring that time aware web map into the briefing book, there is no time slider or time "awareness".  It shows all the locations at once.

I watched a video on the resources page that shows this is possible when using the "ArcGIS for Intelligence Briefing Book Application", which sounds like a slightly different application.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KateNewell
Deactivated User

I would guess it is still a prototype.  I worked with ESRI to trouble-shoot the time slider issue and they are working on a patch so that that a time aware web map will function in the briefing book.  Right now, it doesn't appear to function.  Our workaround was to create a time aware WEB APP and then to place an html module in the briefing book to call the web app.  A little clunky, but it worked.

The html code would be:

<iframe width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://www.arcgis.com/apps/OnePane/azuretime/index.html?appid=507eb25f43204e7ba9ecc4b83bfadd05"></iframe>

where the appid is the web app id unique to the time aware app you created.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The video that I included in this thread (question): Use Briefing Book offline on an iPad  includes a map with the time slider. I wonder if this remains a prototype or is coming to us soon.

Kind regards, Xander

0 Kudos
KateNewell
Deactivated User

I would guess it is still a prototype.  I worked with ESRI to trouble-shoot the time slider issue and they are working on a patch so that that a time aware web map will function in the briefing book.  Right now, it doesn't appear to function.  Our workaround was to create a time aware WEB APP and then to place an html module in the briefing book to call the web app.  A little clunky, but it worked.

The html code would be:

<iframe width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://www.arcgis.com/apps/OnePane/azuretime/index.html?appid=507eb25f43204e7ba9ecc4b83bfadd05"></iframe>

where the appid is the web app id unique to the time aware app you created.

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Kate Newell‌ for sharing the workaround.

0 Kudos