Select to view content in your preferred language

Been Busy, I see

12-09-2009 09:48 AM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
You guys have been busy.  it would be nice to have user lookup, when someone asks for access.  If I have a layer that is not a published/public layer and someone requests access, I want a way to look them up before I decide whether they should get access.

Does this make sense?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Others have requested the ability to search for and view user profiles when users ask to join a group. However, we've not implemented any user search due to privacy concerns. We are currently working on adding a "description" property to the user profile. If the user allows this to be seen, we can expose this description to the group administrator when that user asks to join a group.

FYI, you can share items with everyone or share them with groups. You can't share items with individual users.

Mike
ArcGIS Online team
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor

FYI, you can share items with everyone or share them with groups. You can't share items with individual users.

Mike
ArcGIS Online team

So, this may be good to have as well.  In that, it would be useful to add users not just groups.

Definitely something for us to consider, though.  Thanks Mike.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Others have requested the ability to search for and view user profiles when users ask to join a group. However, we've not implemented any user search due to privacy concerns. We are currently working on adding a "description" property to the user profile. If the user allows this to be seen, we can expose this description to the group administrator when that user asks to join a group.

Mike
ArcGIS Online team

There is a way around this issue.  Off the top of my head I do not remember, but I was able to see that someone wanted to see the data.  I did not act to allow them access.  I then found a search capabilility where I could search for users to add myself. but if I then searched for the user wanting access, I could see their full name, thus then decide to either go back and accept their request or decline.  So for now this works for me.
0 Kudos