Batch Reassign Layers in web maps and apps

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (2)
jfiacco
New Contributor III

Does anyone know if you can batch reassign or redirect data in maps and apps on ArcGIS Online? 

Recently, I had an issue with my data overwriting from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online. I could see the data in ArcGIS Pro but after the overwrite process was complete, there was no data in ArcGIS Online. I was able to publish a new feature service with the necessary data from ArcGIS Pro. I was able to append the data from a file geodatabase to the original feature service and could see the data in the tables, but the data would not display in my maps. As a last-ditch effort, I went back to ArcMap...I was also able to overwrite the original feature service with data from ArcMap...now the data is there but I have point features that are displaying as line features in my maps now. I have approximately 50 maps and apps that are dependent on the original feature service.

At this point, I'm wondering if there is a quick way to redirect my maps and apps to the feature service that is working properly. I don't want to spend hours-days rebuilding all of my maps and apps if I don't absolutely have to. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Would changing the service definition accomplish this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can use the ArcGIS Assistant to make modifications to the JSON that powers your maps and apps. In the JSON editor, you can search and replace feature service urls or item ids. I would suggest doing this on a copy of your map in case you make an unrecoverable error.

Take a look at the instructions to see what you can do with this tool.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can use the ArcGIS Assistant to make modifications to the JSON that powers your maps and apps. In the JSON editor, you can search and replace feature service urls or item ids. I would suggest doing this on a copy of your map in case you make an unrecoverable error.

Take a look at the instructions to see what you can do with this tool.

jfiacco
New Contributor III

😲It worked. You're a life saver!!! Thank you so much!! 🙂

0 Kudos