Basemap without labels...no, really without labels

Jump to solution
02-10-2016 11:09 AM
JoanneMcGraw
Occasional Contributor III

There are a number of posts of people looking for basemaps without labels and replies talking about the various services available. One idea came up a few times suggesting you could load the base of an ESRI Basemap directly and simply not load its corresponding reference layer.

From what I can tell, though, most of bases actually have text (for example, Canvas/World_Light_Gray_Base (MapServer)). I don't suppose there really is a light gray base kicking about somewhere that really doesn't have labels?

Cheers,

jtm

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
kmsmikrud
Regular Contributor

Update:

When I add the vector tile to ArcGIS Pro using the Catalog Pan -> 'Portal' -> My Content (AGOL) the vector tile layer looks the same as it does in AGOL. I had been adding the AGOL url in ArcGIS Pro ->Add Data ->Data from Path. In using the url I had the color differences. I'm so excited this will work thru the Catalog Pane...there is hope.

Hi @tnguyen ,

I was using the ArcGIS Vector Tile Style Editor available thru the ArcGIS Developers dashboard in the link you shared above.

I was able to turn labels off for certain features like rivers, but my issue is when I save the basemap to my AGOL folder I am seeing differences in how the vector basemap looks in AGOL Map Viewer compared to opening in ArcGIS Pro for the overall colors? I am trying to create a poster with a topo background, but I need to adjust the fonts to better align at a poster size. Anyone experience the same with customized basemap looking so different in ArcGIS Pro? Any work arounds? @BernSzukalski 

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

AGOL customized basemap colors as expectedAGOL customized basemap colors as expectedArcGIS Pro customized basemap colors not as expectedArcGIS Pro customized basemap colors not as expected

0 Kudos